Patric Makes Comics
Hello, my name is Patric Lewandowski, also known as the Marvelous Patric. I make comics. I’ve made a lot of comics. I made comics for the defunct website Graphicsmash called The Twisting and Aces High. I did a long-running strip called Freaks N Squeeks for about 10 years that I’m probably best known for. These days, I make a comic called Fun Factory. Fun Factory updates four days a week, but I want to make more comics!
But, to make more comics, I need your help. See, not only do I make comics, but I’ve got anawesome day job and an ever-growing family that also desire my time. And, as we all know, through the power of capitalism, time is money.
I want to make more comics, but to do that, I need some help. I need YOUR help. I’m asking you to help fund my artistic output in 2014 through your contributions to this campaign. With your help, not only will I keep making Fun Factory, but I will be able to concentrate on making more Freaks N Squeeks comics and maybe even more than that!
So Why $3,000?
$3,000 is a very specific number. Essentially, my 6 year old Mac Pro is on its last legs. Various components on it have been failing and at some point in 2014, I’m going to need a new computer. I need my computer to make my art. $3,000 is essentially the cost of a new comparable computer. Now, instead of just asking you for $3,000, I’d rather ask you to let me earn that three grand by making art.
This is a flexible funding campaign. That means I get money even if I don’t hit my goal. All the money I get up to that first $3,000 goes towards a new Mac Pro. Any funds after that go towards other needs that come up with making comics, like convention fees, book printing, advertising, etc.
What You Get Out of This
That’s what I get out of this, but what about you? As you can see, every pledge comes with a variety of rewards. Here’s the basics:
Pledges and Rewards
- $5 – $25 gets you a variety of PDFs of comics.
- $100 or more and you are directly funding the creation of new Freaks N Squeeks strips. The number of new strips that are created for everyone to read with your name attached depends on how much you spend.
- Basic Funding Goal: For every $100 this campaign raises, four new Freaks N Squeeks comics will be generated for 2014, up to 365 new strips.
- Stretch Goal #1: $5,000. If we get to $5,000 I will print up Freaks N Squeeks Pretty Much Everything Volume 2 which will contain all the comics through the end of the regular series in 2012 (the prom story). Everyone who contributes $25 or more will get a physical copy.
- Stretch Goal #2: $7,500. Freaks N Squeeks returns to updating 4 days a week for all of 2014.
- Stretch Goal #3: $10,000. As I’ve said, I’ve got a ton of ideas for different comics. If we reach $10,000 I will hire another artist to produce art for one of those.
- Stretch Goal #4: $25,000. Fun Factory and Freaks N Squeeks update 7 days a week.
- Stretch Goal #5: $50,000. I don’t just have ideas for comics, but there are animations I would love to do. If we reach $50,000, I will produce 1 12 minute animation in 2014.
- Stretch Goal #6: $75,000. I quit my awesome day job. No, not really, because I love it, but I basically invert the amount of time I spend teaching with the time I spend making art. Art becomes my new day job for 2014 and teaching becomes my side gig.
Other Ways You Can Help
Some people just can’t contribute, but that doesn’t mean they can’t help:
- Tell all your friends, enemies, and frienemies. Tweet this campaign, Facebook it, etc. Follow me on twitter! RT my links! Talk about this campaign and my comics with people everywhere.